Monday, July 15, 2013


     As the temperatures soar, so do the heat related problems in pets.  Please be aware that your dogs are always wearing their fleece coats!  They do not perspire as we do and rely on panting to dissipate heat.  This means that they can overheat very quickly.  Forgetting them in the yard or, worst case, in the car may be fatal.  So be kind and keep cool indoors, provide plenty of cool water after being outside and walk early morning or later evening.

    On a brighter note, we have fantastic news to share!  We are moving this fall to a new building!  This will allow us to offer more services and keep your pet companions happy and healthy.  We will only be 2 miles from our current location and have ample parking.  I have been working on this opportunity for a very long time and am truly excited to expand the Loving Care facility.  We will have an on site groomer, separate waiting and kennel areas for dogs and cats, plus superior dental and surgery facilities.  We will keep our clients apprised of the new developments and have a spectacular grand opening celebration.  As the owner of Loving Care Animal Clinic for 14 years, I sincerely appreciate you giving me the opportunity to care for your pet family members.  Hopefully, we will continue to grow and provide excellent care for many years to come.

     Upon returning from vacation recently, I was going out to run errands during a rain storm.  As I turned onto a busy street, I saw a dog walking in the street alongside cars.  I pulled over, opened my minivan door, got out, and before I could coax him, the dog jumped right in!  The poor thing was soaked completely, very friendly, and gave me a wet shake.  The collar had a rabies tag from out of state and no name tag.  So, how do you think this ended?  Don't worry...it ended well.  I drove over to the clinic and told Sue where I found the soggy beast.  She called the police department and the owner eventually came and fetched my new friend.  This is a happy ending, however, no ID and no microchip could have had very deleterious effects.  Very few stray dogs come upon roaming veterinarians with mini-vans.  Please microchip your pets and put name tags on them.  We really do love them, too!

    Enjoy summer, drink lemonade, and eat ice cream!  And feel free to drive by our new location at 444 E. Northwest Highway (corner of Northwest Highway and Hicks)!

No comments:

Post a Comment